Muddy Sneakers is seeking motivated and talented candidates for the position of Director of Philanthropy.
Please see the job announcement PDF for complete details.
Resume, cover letter, and salary history can be directed to Carolyn Ashworth at email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Philanthropy
Location: Brevard, NC (and surrounding counties)
- Engagement and genuine alignment with the mission of Muddy Sneakers;
- Fund development experience and a solid understanding of the core components of an effective fundraising program;
- An “attitude of gratitude” that compliments the worldview of the amazing donors we work with;
- Appreciation for people and their diversity, coupled with an ability to relate well and work with multiple constituencies and audiences;
- Creative, entrepreneurial and strategic thinking;
- Storytelling and communications skills; articulate and persuasive with a desire to build authentic relationships with donors and others;
- Resiliency, initiative, and the ability to work independently;
Create an annual written fundraising and business development plan that is clear in its objectives, target audiences, timelines and assignment of responsibilities;
Through inspiring communications, the development of meaningful relationships, and well-thought out strategy, connect donors and other stakeholders to the Muddy Sneakers mission and the value of experiential science education in the public school system;
Coordinate resonant experiences for donors and other stakeholders through encouraging field expeditions, group hikes, and other creative strategies to inspire deep understanding and support;
Serve as a visionary member of the strategic planning team, conceiving and implementing high-level fund development strategies to support new and existing initiatives;
Work as part of an energetic team, including the Board and Executive Director, to develop networks of support and strategic partnerships in all areas that Muddy Sneakers works, focusing on building strong relationships with community leaders, corporations, conservation partners, major donors, and other key constituencies;
Secure funds for the organization by managing a portfolio of qualified donors assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement;
With the support of the outreach coordinator, identify current annual fund donors who may have the linkage, interest, and ability to become major gift prospects. Think creatively about ways to recognize and appreciate donors in ways that they value.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Base salary of $45,000 – $50,000 per year with health insurance stipend and three weeks of paid vacation;
- Respect for work-life balance including a flexible work schedule;
- Opportunity to build a legacy through strengthening public education and connecting children to nature.
- Send resume, cover letter, and salary history to Carolyn Ashworth: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position is open until filled